Welcome to A Photography Endeavor... one of my APE blogs. This is a place to share my photos and things I'm learning about photography. Appreciate your comments!

Monday, August 4, 2014

3 days and learning much!

So far so good!  I am really enjoying my photography class over at Shultz Photo School!  We're on day 3 today and I've already learned about composition and lighting.  He really packs a lot into a lesson and speaks in a way that is soooo clear and makes sense to me!  He uses videos AND writes it out.  Sooo glad I signed up!!

I might have thought I had an eye for framing a shot but a lot of times it was one photo out of many and it was luck!  Now I know some fun rules that really help make a photo work.

Composing a picture using better angles, rules of third and leading lines are really new concepts for me.  Today I practiced on my friend's pup who we're watching for two weeks.

Here he is in my garden.
Used rules of third to compose the shot and leading lines work here too. {If you know what that means!}
Nevermind my overgrown, not-so-cared-for garden!


And here is pup staring down his ball hoping I'll throw it to him.
I used a different perspective than just straight on to add a bit of drama.
Love it!  {Even if it could have been framed out a bit better... I am learning!}

So that's the lastest!  So excited to learn photography speak and technique FINALLY!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. fun! I'm excited for you because I know how much photography means to you! have fun.

    ReplyDelete

The time you are taking to comment is appreciated!