Welcome to A Photography Endeavor... one of my APE blogs. This is a place to share my photos and things I'm learning about photography. Appreciate your comments!

Friday, January 3, 2014

A new year and a new camera

I have had my little faithful point and shoot camera for FIVE years!  That is a long time to have a camera these days, especially for someone who takes a bazillion pictures like me!  I have priced out DSLRs and waited patiently for a couple years.  In fact, I started this blog last November thinking my days with a DSLR were just around the corner.  Nope.  Did some other things with my moula and had to rebuild my savings.  

I originally wanted a Nikon D5100.
But the D5100 was already replaced with the D5200.
*sigh*
And the D5200 was definitely beyond my price point.  
*whimper*
The newer D3200 appeared on sale, dipping into the price point I was interested in!
So I compared.

Source Snapsort
Definitely comparable.
The big difference for me was the lack of the swivel screen but something I could live without.
Easily.
Then along came Black Friday.  
The sweet deal I was watching like a hawk.  
*click click click* SUBMIT!  
This baby was MINE!

Introducing, my first DSLR, the Nikon D3200.

{photo taken with my not as crisp cell phone camera}
Next up... how to use it, and all that jazz!




3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the camera! I received my dream camera last year for xmas, Canon 60D. Unfortunately it has never come off the automatic mode. I hope to change that in 2014! Shaunna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still cannot believe you went with a Nikon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shaunna, the 60D has a button in the middle that you have to push down to turn to the other modes. I recommend starting witht he 'P'. It's close to automatic except you can pick your own focal point. 60D is a nice camera.

    ReplyDelete

The time you are taking to comment is appreciated!